20 October 2012

12. Describe a typical day in your current life.


At 625 my phone alarm goes off. It's "Teardrop" by Massive Attack (the theme song for the show House.) I shut it off and roll over to cuddle my boyfriend.

At 635 the second one goes off and I get up. I go to the bathroom. Dress. I make lunch. Eat breakfast. Shortly after 700 I kiss the boy goodbye and head for work.

I clock into work at the shelter at 730. I often don't know beforehand which area I'm assigned to. If it's dogs, I have to move them out of their kennels and completely clean each kennel. For cats, I have to sort of clean around them. This takes most of the day. I have a few 15 minute breaks. I listen to music on my iPod. I occasionally talk to coworkers. I text. I take my lunch break around 1330 or so. The latter part of the day is usually just maintaining cleanliness of the kennels and areas.

At 1800 I clock out and head home. I usually don't stop anywhere on the way home. My boyfriend is in law school in the evenings so I eat dinner and play Assassin's Creed for a few hours until he returns. Sometimes we go for a run. Mostly we just do some things on the internet and then watch an episode of Supernatural and go to sleep between 2300 and midnight.

And repeat.

No comments: