21 August 2012

Word of the Day

I am signed up to receive emails for dictonary.com for the word of the day of their choosing. Usually I recive these emails. Sometimes I don't. In an effort to be creative and force myself to write more, I'm going to write at least a sentence each day using dictionary.com's word of the day. Some may end up being paragraphs or even short stories, but each bit will contain the word. I'll also post the word and the definition so you can look for it.

Today's word:
velleity \vuh-LEE-i-tee\, noun:

1. Volition in its weakest form.
2. A mere wish, unaccompanied by an effort to obtain it.

It was always his desire to walk on Mars, well, perhaps more a velleity. Some who wish to be astronauts actually strive to acchieve by being fit mentally and physically and pursuing a career in the field. Instead, he watched documentaries and ate potato chips.

No comments: