06 November 2012

29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?

Hmm, I think a lot of people don't get me because I'm very introverted and not very open about actual things. I think that a whole lot of people don't quite understand the trans thing. Not that a whole lot of people ask me about it or really try to get it. Most just accept it and move on, which is nice. But I can tell that many people have questions that they don't know how to ask, or if they should. And this is added to another misconception I believe people have of me. People don't think they can approach me and ask me things or just talk. In reality, others approaching me is the only way I'll talk. I'm not a first move type. And I'll seriously answer any question that's not completely inappropriate.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I'm glad that most people just accept that you're trans and move on - the way it should be.
I know that gender dysphoria is very real, but it's hard for me to understand. I would ask how long you felt that way (if I were to ask a question).

Larz said...

I think I may be a rather odd case. I have always identified more as male, but I don't discount my feminity or my past. When I say always, I do mean always. I prayed to God to make me a boy when I was very young. Five or even younger. All of my alter-egos were male. All of my protagonists in any story I wrote. However, physical disphoria never set in until puberty. Then I decided that the shape of my body was not ideal. Testosterone helped with some of that, but only chest binders and eventually surgery will help the rest.

I realize you didn't actually ask the question, but there is the answer anyhow. Hope it was coherent.

Abby said...

Well... I did kinda ask. And thanks for answering, interesting.