08 June 2014

Many minimal things...

So I strive to be minimal. Yet I love things. Minimal things. It's an odd paradox.

I/we now have 2 tents. One for car camping and one for backpacking. I'm rather proud of the fact that I found a really good backpacking tent for about 30% of the retail cost, by the way.

I have a bulky gore-tex jacket that I've had since high school (more than 10 years now.), but because I'm outfitting for backpacking this summer, I decided I needed a lightweight rain jacket. So now I have 2.

Similarly, I have several pairs of shoes. They all have one thing in common: their minimalness. I have a pair for work, a pair for parkour, a pair for winter/wet hikes, a casual pair, a road running pair, some sandals. But was I've been lacking is the trail-running/hiking pair. I finally went out and tried some on for size at the (exorbitantly priced) local shoe store. Then I came home and promptly bought a pair online for half the price. When they arrive, I'll review them in comparison with my other current shoes and the past ones. If anyone is interested.

So there's my stuff update.

Oh, and if anyone want's to know the way to my heart, it's Kuhl brand clothing. So comfortable and so unaffordable...


1 comment:

Abby said...

I understand your odd paradox all too well. I'm also minimalist, but when it comes to the essentials, I need built-in redundancy!

You must review the new trail shoes once you've broken trail. I've contemplated doing the try-on at the store, then order online, but feel a bit guilty about that. Maybe I just need to get over it.