01 February 2012

I've been thinking a lot about writing lately. I follow a couple of blogs on the subject, and I've even talked about it to a few people. Someone random at work asked me what my hobbies were and I mentioned writing. And he said that he used to like to write, in high school. And it got me thinking: so did I. And I still do, but I'm not nearly as prolific as when I was in school (high school and university). And now I'm so distracted by the wonders of the internet: facebook, the sims social, tumblr, youtube, ebay, etc. And I work 80 hours a week and I want to spend time with my boyfriend and with my roommate and with my other sparse friends. And that leaves me no real time to write. And I suffer for it. In my head. Occasionally I write in my notebook and occasionally I post those writings here. And occasionally I update my angst-ridden emotional/poetry blog from my phone. Beyond that I'm only a wannabe.

No comments: