21 December 2016

Our home for broken creatures

I really have neglected writing for some time. I guess I've just been really busy.

A few weeks ago my friend was hit by a car in a crosswalk and broke her ankle and her wrist. She's been staying with us for most of the intervening time.

Now that she's had another surgery on her ankle and has a hard cast on both leg and arm, she's able to be a bit more mobile. We sent her home on Monday with her sister. She is still unable to drive, and will be that way for another month or two. But she's mending well and has been working from "home" and will be taking Lyft or the like to work soon. I think it's all going to work out.

I guess that was our third broken foster. I think I'll miss her just as much as the others. At least I get to see her again soon though.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Wow, hit in a crosswalk?! Hope she heals up well. And look at her all smiley, must be the friendly accommodations.