23 September 2014

Trail Run Tuesday.

I sort of fell off the wagon. I had been doing so well too, until I became a sort of nurse and then we moved. I was running almost daily and doing a nice long run on Tuesdays, not to mention a long hike over the weekend. But then I took a break. And now it's dark in the mornings. So hard to climb out of bed when it's dark. Originally I thought it was dark due to the changing of seasons, and I'm sure that plays some role, but mostly the new bedroom has very thick black blinds and a large, shady tree outside. Also, it faces west. So everything is dark and I want to sleep forever.

But two weeks ago I made myself get up and run around the neighborhood. It was nice. I found a park that I hope to revisit to do some parkour. Last week I purchased a mountain bike from craigslist and I plan to start riding that to work.

Pond on top of the world.
And today I finally got back to my Trail Run Tuesday. It was glorious. I went back to North Table Mountain in Golden. It's my favorite trail I've run thus far. I did take a different branch this time which wasn't as fun and was much shorter, but I got to see a very pretty little pond. And I kept a very fast pace considering I haven't trail run in almost two months.

Yes, I have a climbing wall in my garage, but I seem not to use it as much as I should. But now, with that, the bike, and today's run, I'm back on the wagon.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Welcome back to the wagon! Gonna show us the new bike?
This is the best time of year for running in the morning.