03 November 2015

Shooz

That's apparently how it's spelled now.

So I wore out my New Balance MT10s. I had them for two summers and put a lot of trail miles on them. Running, hiking, a couple 14ers. So the soles right at the balls of my feet started sifting sand into the shoe. Ew.

I've been looking for new shoes most of the summer, as I'd realized that these were on their way out. I am very interested in the Merrell Vapor Glove, but can't find it in my price range. And I had a very hard time finding MT10s in my price range for ages. They are scarce now apparently and run about $115. I bought my originals for about $60. And just recently I found another pair for $60, hurrah! I mentioned in my original review that I couldn't tell that the MT10s had a 4mm drop. I sort of can now. Compared to the old ones and my vivobarefoot pairs, these have a noticeable stack height and drop. Nothing worrisome, some slight protection is good for the trails, but I can tell the difference. I really wish Vivobarefoot made the Neo still...

You can see I really beat up the old ones.


Here's to getting back on the trails!

Just in time for winter...

1 comment:

Abby said...

Happy new shooz :)
Seems hard to find anything with any sort of cushioning with zero-drop. Nice going on the price. Enjoy!